If you’re unable to sit safely and comfortably in a single seat, you’ll have to purchase an additional seat for each flight on your reservation. You can buy the second seat for the same fare as your original seat if both seats are purchased at the same time. If you don’t buy an extra seat in advance, you may have to do so on the day of departure for the fare level available on the day of departure.
Criteria for extra seating requirement
You’ll have to buy an additional seat if you don’t meet one of the following criteria:
- You must be able to properly attach, buckle and wear the seat belt, with one extension if necessary, whenever the seatbelt sign is illuminated or as instructed by a crew member.
- You must be able to stay seated with the seat armrest(s) down for the whole flight.
- You must not significantly encroach upon the adjacent seating space.
- We will not board you if you decline to book a reservation for an additional seat for each leg of your itinerary when required.
For the smoothest experience when booking yourself an extra adjacent seat, please ensure to:
- Purchase seat selection for both seats.
- Choose seats that are adjacent to one another.
- Enter “EXTRA SEAT” instead of your first name for the passenger data associated with the additional seat.
- Keep your last name and date of birth consistent with the data you entered for your initial seat
*Please note that if you do not purchase pre-selected seats, we cannot guarantee adjacent seats.