Our goal is making your trip smooth from beginning to end. To help you with your baggage plans, we want to share with you what items can be carried on-board.
Customers are permitted up to two carry-on items on board:
Please note that all carry-on items must be able to be safely stowed underneath the seat in front of you or in an overhead bin. Baggage not qualifying as a personal item or carry-on bag must be checked for a fee.
- One free personal item not larger than 14″L x 9″W x 9.5″H (35 cm x 22 cm x 24 cm) that can be safely stowed under a seat. Examples of personal items include a purse, briefcase, laptop computer case, small backpack or small camera case.
- One carry-on bag is permitted in the aircraft cabin for a fee. The carry-on bag must fit into an overhead bin and be no larger than 22”L x 14″W x 9”H (56 cm x 35 cm x 22 cm) and weigh no more than 35 lbs. (15 kg). Examples of a carry-on bag include a roller bag, garment bag, large backpack, tote bag (in all cases capable of being safely stowed in an overhead bin). Please note, additional fees apply for carry-on bags not pre-purchased online.
(Note that all carry-on items are the sole responsibility of the Customer.)
Manual wheelchairs, mobility aids and other assistive devices do not count against your carry-on allowance
Manual wheelchairs, mobility aids and other assistive devices used by a qualified individual with a disability, and other medical assistance items (e.g., breast pumps, breast milk) may be carried in the aircraft cabin in addition to the carry-on item allowance when they can be stowed in accordance with FAA regulations. Manual wheelchairs that cannot be stored in the cabin will be stored in the cargo compartment.
Outerwear also doesn’t count against your carry-on allowance
In addition to a Customer’s personal item and carry-on bag allowance, a coat, jacket, wrap or similar outer garment may be carried on board the aircraft.
Instruments and special equipment
When it comes to bringing on board large musical instruments and electronic, computer, audio/video, or other equipment with a size or shape that prevents it from being handled as a normal carry-on bag, there are a few rules that apply:
- The instrument or equipment must be contained in a case or covered to avoid injury to other Customers.
- A reservation must be made for the instrument or equipment at a charge equal to the lowest available fare at the time the reservation is purchased.
- The instrument or equipment must be stowed in accordance with FAA requirements for carriage of carry-on items.
Avelo, at its sole discretion, will not transport carry-on items that it determines may be harmful or dangerous to Customers, Crewmembers or the aircraft, and we may accept a carry-on bag of unusual dimensions (e.g., document tube, fishing rod, tennis racket, wedding attire, etc.) so long as it safely fits in an overhead bin and the carry-on bag fee is paid.
Customer’s personal item and carry-on bag must be capable of being carried on board the aircraft by one Customer without additional assistance unless the Customer requires assistance due to a disability.
Use of portable electronic devices (PEDs)
- Small authorized PEDs are devices under two pounds and are of a size that can easily be placed in a seat pocket (if available) along with the other materials that are normally found in the seat pocket (safety information card, menu or airsickness bag). They include devices like tablets, readers, and mobile phones and may be used during all phases of flight when in airplane mode including taxi, takeoff and landing. However, if using them during taxi, takeoff and landing, Customers must secure these devices by holding them, putting them in a pocket or holster or placing them in a personal item.
- Large authorized PEDs are devices two pounds or more such as full-size laptops. They must be turned off and stowed during taxi, takeoff and landing. Customers may stow them under the seat in front of them or in the overhead bin. These devices may be used above 10,000 feet when authorized by a flight Crewmember announcement.
Sizing boxes or charts are located at Avelo’s check-in counters and departure gates. Avelo reserves the right to further restrict carry-on items.