Flights to Hollywood Burbank
— Find the most affordable tickets today
Burbank is the gateway to Los Angeles and all of Southern California
Book a trip to Burbank and explore the starting point to Southern California
Los Angeles / Hollywood Burbank, CA
Known as the “Media Capital of the World,” Burbank is a top Los Angeles travel destination and is adjacent to Hollywood. Home to Warner Bros. Studio Tour Hollywood, Burbank is also right next to Universal Studios Hollywood and offers great hotels at all price points. Favorite activities include attending live TV tapings, horseback rides to the Hollywood Sign, helicopter tours originating from the Hollywood Burbank Airport, hiking in the Hollywood Hills, and much more. Aside from being a major entertainment production center, Burbank also offers exciting commercial neighborhoods with hundreds of shopping and dining options. Visit Burbank
As a global media and entertainment hub, Burbank boasts an incredible range of internationally renowned attractions.
- WARNER BROS. STUDIO TOUR HOLLYWOOD: Go behind the scenes of one of the most famous movie studios in the world, where actual filming takes place during the tour.
- UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOLLYWOOD: Universal Studios is a legendary studio back lot and theme park filled with incredible rides and shows, including The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Super Nintendo World.
- ORBIC AIR HELICOPTER TOURS: For the most unforgettable helicopter experiences over LA, book a private helicopter tour with Orbic Air at the Hollywood Burbank Airport.
- WORLD FAMOUS WEST COAST CUSTOMS: Take behind the scenes tours of this luxury automotive restyling center with its own TV show and celebrity clientele.
- TV SHOW TAPINGS: Witness a piece of television history in the making by becoming a member of a live TV show audience.
Nestled between the Hollywood Hills and the Verdugo Mountains, Burbank delivers unparalleled outdoor activities, including hiking, biking, or simply strolling through celebrated neighborhoods.
- DEBELL GOLF CLUB: Set against a stunning natural backdrop in the hills above Burbank, the Par 71 PGA DeBell Golf Club delivers the most challenging yet affordable 5,600 yards of 18-hole golf in the LA region.
- LOS ANGELES EQUESTRIAN CENTER: A world-class horse show and banquet facility, with international equestrian events including William Shatner’s annual Hollywood Charity Horse Show.
- FILMED IN BURBANK: Movies and TV shows are produced in Burbank all year round– and everywhere you look are famous film locations. Recreate your own famous scenes on this self-guided tour.
- LA ZOO: Next door to Burbank is LA’s premiere zoo where you’ll see your favorite animals, learn about wildlife conservation, and enjoy a day in the beautiful outdoors.
- SNAP SELFIES: Visit the 7-foot tall bronze Batman statue in Downtown Burbank and snap a selfie with the Caped Crusader, tagging #BurbankBatman. Then continue on the Mural Walk of the city.
- VINTAGE SHOPPING IN MAGNOLIA PARK: Peruse the quirky boutiques, antique shops, vintage clothing, and chic eateries that line the streets in Magnolia Park.
With a daily influx of 30,000 people working in the entertainment industry, Burbank is a legendary foodie destination. Check out Old Hollywood meccas such as The Smoke House or the modernized Bob’s Big Boy, home of the original double-decker burger and host every Friday to one of SoCal’s most famous classic car shows. The eatery was recently named the best diner in California by Food & Wine. The more impulsively inclined will love the spectacular views from Castaway, named one of the best restaurants in the US for a date by OpenTable, and pastry fans will get their fill at Artelice Patisserie, named the best bakery in California by Yelp. Downtown Burbank boasts numerous outdoor dining opportunities, where people-watching is a favorite pastime. For more, check out dining.
Check out cool day trips you can make from Burbank here.
Hollywood Burbank Airport:
Before you buy a plane ticket to Los Angeles, consider that Hollywood Burbank Airport (BUR) is actually closer to many of LA’s top attractions than LAX is. If you’re asking, “Where is Burbank?” all you need to know is that it is located about 12 miles northwest of Downtown Los Angeles. And BUR is the only airport in the area with a direct rail connection to downtown. So if you’re looking at flights to Los Angeles, you may be better served looking at Avelo flights to Burbank, California.
When you land at Hollywood Burbank Airport, you will find ground transportation, the rental car center, and rail connection just steps from the terminal exit. If you are leaving from Burbank, you even have access to dedicated valet parking. This smaller airport offers shorter lines and runway taxiing times, so your travel is set to be smoother and simpler.
Flights to LA have never been more within reach!
Distance to popular destinations
Distance to popular destinations
Hollywood Burbank Airport (BUR) Info
Recommended Arrival Time
At least 90 minutes before departure
Ticket Counter Hours
Avelo ticket counters are open for approximately two hours prior to each scheduled departure. The counters close 40 minutes prior to the take-off time.
Seasonal Route Information
Avelo flies seasonal routes to and from Hollywood Burbank Airport:
Bozeman, MT / Yellowstone
Brownsville / South Padre Island, TX
Colorado Springs, CO
Flying is affordable with Avelo — Book, relax, and you’re there
Sign up now for low fares, on-time flights and smooth travels with Avelo.