Avelo provides a comprehensive training program, competitive compensation, and exceptional benefits to ensure that pilots receive the support they need to excel in their careers.
New hire classes every month (Direct Entry Captains & First Officers). Rapid upgrades.
$6300/month training pay. Hotels and travel provided through OE.
Avelo Orlando Pilot and Flight Attendant Training Center opening Summer 2023.
$21,600/year ($1800/month) commuter stipend added to pay compensation.
Captain (year 1) 80 hrs pay example excl. no per diem – $19,110 month or $229,320 year ($204/hr + premium pay + stipend + 401k company match).
First Officer (year 1) 80 hrs pay example excl. per diem – $10,745 month or $128,940 year ($105/hr + premium pay + stipend + 401k company match).
75+ flight hours and day off flying paid at 125% of hourly rate.
Medical (HDP & PPO), FSA, HSA, Vision, Dental, Long-Term and Short-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401k with match, Profit Sharing, CASS and KCM participant.
Reduced rate travel on other carriers (United, Lufthansa, Hawaiian, Alaska, Swiss, Southwest, Etihad, JetBlue, and more being added).
Chairman and CEO Andrew Levy – founder Avelo Airlines, former EVP and CFO of United Airlines, former President Allegiant Airlines, and current Board Member Copa Airlines.
Avelo Domicile Map
West and East Coast bases. Additional Southeast base planned Fall 2023.
15 B737s are currently flying and planning 20 B737s (flying to 50 cities and 100 routes) by end of 2023.
Avelo Pilot Pay Scale
- All pilots receive an additional $1800 per month to pay for any commuting expenses, (virtual base) = $21,600 additional annually
- Monthly guarantee: 70 hours
- Reserve guarantee: 70 hours
- Minimum Days Off: 12 per month for line holder, 12 per month for reserve
- Any hours over 75 or flown on day off pay 125% of hourly pay
- Profit sharing when company reaches earnings goal
Constantly hiring First Officers and Direct Entry Captains
(must meet 14 CFR 121.436 minimums)
Unrestricted ATP with airplane multi-engine class rating or Military R-ATP or for highly exceptional candidates with non-military R-ATP applicability:
- Aviation Bachelor’s degree under 141 programs: 1000 total time or
- Aviation Associate degree under 141 programs: 1250 total time or
- 21 years old with all ATP requirements: 1500 total time and
- ATP-CTP course with ATP written complete
- Current FAA First Class Medical Certificate
Valid passport/documents with at least six (6) months of validity that grants you the ability to travel in and out of the USA and all cities/countries served by Avelo Airlines now and in the future. Must be able to travel unrestricted to and from the United States.
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid U.S. driver’s license
- Legal right to work in the United States
- Must pass a DOT pre-employment drug test
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986
Heavy jet/Boeing experience or B737 type preferred.
- ATP-CTP course may be provided to military pilots/veterans meeting R-ATP minimums on a case-by-case basis
Take Your Career to New Heights
Join the Avelo team and experience a supportive and fulfilling work environment, where your skills are valued and your career aspirations are realized. Apply now to take the first step towards a rewarding career as an Avelo pilot.